Our OMhana is our family–and family takes care of each other. We’ve always been dedicated to the cleanliness of our studio and the health and safety of our community and now we’re taking it to an even higher level. See the details of our new plan below, but keep in mind this is just the start. We will constantly be fine-tuning and updating our policies as we learn more.
Om Maui Standard of Fitness and Safety. In accordance with Maui County and the CDC’s guidelines we’ve made some changes to how we operate. Here’s what you can expect.
Our Heightened Deep-Cleaning Process
- Top-grade disinfectant and more frequent cleaning. Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after check-ins, with a heightened attention to bikes, weights, equipment and all high-touch surfaces after every class.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces. After every class we’ll disinfect doorknobs, handles, light switches, bathrooms, sinks, front desk and reception area.
New Studio Policies
- Social distancing will be observed in and out of the studio. This means a limit of 9 students per class with a minimum of 6 feet between each personal station. The reception area will no longer be open with the exception of purchasing services. There will be clear markings on the sidewalk in front of the studio if you choose to wait in line instead of your car before any class.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for use upon entry into the studio. Nothing beats a good ol’ fashioned hand washing, but to prevent congestion in and out of the bathrooms please, instead, use hand sanitizer as you come in to class.
- Masks will be required for staff and students upon entry. With the exception of those with medical conditions or shortness of breath, we encourage everyone to wear their face masks as often as possible.
- Health checks. Staff and students are asked to monitor their temperatures and overall health prior to coming in. Please stay home if you register at 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Keep personal items to a minimum. Personal belongings will no longer be stored in reception during class. We encourage you to leave large bags and cell phones in your car, bringing only water, keys, and a large towel.
- Reduced high touch areas. We will no longer use the iPad to check in, the instructor or receptionist will take care of it for you. Please allow staff to open windows, turn on fans, and (whenever possible) get the door for you.
- Longer times between classes and sessions. To give us ample time to sterilize, there will no longer be back to back classes or sessions scheduled. This will also limit the crossover of students between classes, allowing the studio to completely empty out prior to the next class starting.
The New Class and Private Training Experience
- Limited use of props. Props and equipment that cannot be easily sterilized will not be available for use small group class. This includes mats, bolsters, and blankets. Please plan accordingly to bring what you personally need for class.
- Personalized Stations. No equipment will be shared and the instructors will cue you so that social distance is maintained.
- Towels are required for every class. Not only are they handy as a prop in yoga class, but using a towel will contribute to the overall cleanliness by absorbing excess sweat. For Pilates, socks and gloves are encouraged.
- Face coverings. Please use upon entry and exit or while going to the bathroom. Remove your mask if you have trouble breathing, feel lightheaded, dizzy, etc. While the use of masks is recommended by Maui County please stay vigilant and connected to your own experience. CDC’s guide to face masks here.
- County of Maui’s rules on exercising and face masks: 2020-5-15 COM Rules
- Sanitization policy: teachers will pass out to students the items (e.g. Clorox wipe) to do a preliminary clean of their station, then staff will execute a thorough sanitization after the class has left the building.
- no mats
Reservation and cancelation policy
- 10 hours or less will be considered a late cancel
- Classes that have less than 5 participants registered within a 12 hour period prior to start time are subject to cancelation. Please manage your reservations in advance as our class size is limited. Avoid late canceling as much as possible to make space for those on the waitlist.
- We will be offering “kupuna hours” for our community elders, scheduling the Fitness for 50+ at a time when there will be zero crossover with other students. As with all other classes, the studio will be sterilized before and after use.
Keeping each other safe. Aside from respecting the safety guidelines put in place by our governments, we ask that all students coming in with the intention to go above and beyond for each other.
- Please make sure to practice social distancing. Please note the signage and markers placed around the studio to maintain a safe distance.
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come into the studio. See your physician and refrain from coming in until you’re symptom-free and fever-free for at least 3 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has we ask that you do not come in for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in please stay home and stay safe.
- If you have recently traveled or have been around someone who has please refrain from coming in for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- We encourage everyon to limit person-to-person contact, including hugs and high fives. We’re excited to see everyone again too, but right now staying socially distanced is the best way to care for our OMhana.
Moving forward, we will continue to monitor the situation. With no way to predict what the future holds, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops–making your health and safety our top priority. We are staying up to date and vigilant with CDC, federal and state guidelines to keep your experience as healthy as possible!
Whether you plan to join us in the studio or feel more comfortable staying at home, we’re here for you. As always, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, concerns, or anything you’d like to discuss.