Our policies are subject to change due to county, state, and federal mandates and policies. You can find more information about Maui County’s COVID-19 policies here.
Our OMhana is our family–and family takes care of each other. We’ve always been dedicated to the cleanliness of our studio and the health and safety of our community, and now we’re taking it to an even higher level. See the details of our new plan below, but keep in mind this is just the start. We will constantly be fine-tuning and updating our policies as we learn more.
Om Maui Standard of Safety. In accordance with Maui County and the CDC’s guidelines we’ve made some changes to how we operate. Here’s what you can expect:
Our Heightened Deep-Cleaning Process
- Top-grade disinfectant and more frequent cleaning. Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after check-ins, with a heightened attention to bikes, weights, equipment and all high-touch surfaces after every class.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces. After every class we’ll disinfect doorknobs, handles, light switches, bathrooms, sinks, front desk and reception area.
New Studio Policies
- Social distancing will be observed in and out of the studio. This means a limited number of students per class with a minimum of 6 feet between each personal station. The reception area will no longer be open with the exception of purchasing services. There will be clear markings on the outdoor sidewalk in front of the studio if you choose to wait in line instead of in your car before any class.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for use upon entry into the studio. We encourage you to wash your hands often, especially after coughing or sneezing. Please use hand sanitizer as an alternative as you come in to the studio to help prevent congestion in and out of the bathrooms.
- Studios will be well ventilated. We will continue to use our central air, as well as keep all windows open and fans on throughout the class. Ensuring proper ventilation with outside air can reduce the concentration of airborne contaminants, including viruses, and benefits indoor air quality by reducing exposure to cleaning products.
- Health checks. Staff and students are asked to monitor their temperatures and overall health prior to coming in. Please stay home if you register at 100.4 degrees or higher. We reserve the right to check temperatures at the door with our touchless infrared thermometer.
- Masks will be required for staff and students upon entry and exit. With the exception of those with medical conditions or shortness of breath, we encourage everyone to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth properly. Please refer to the CDC’s website for examples of proper face covering usage.
- Touchless Dispensers. We have installed touch-free soap, paper towel, and hand sanitizer dispensers in our studio to reduce high touch surfaces.
- Keep personal items to a minimum. Personal belongings will no longer be stored in reception during class. We encourage you to leave bags and cell phones in your car, bringing only water, keys, and a large towel into the studio.
- Reduced high touch areas. We will no longer use the iPad to check in. The instructor or receptionist will take care of check-in for you. Please allow staff to open windows, turn on fans, and (whenever possible) get the door for you.
- Longer times between classes and sessions. To give us ample time to sterilize, there will no longer be back to back classes or sessions scheduled. This will also limit the crossover of students between classes, allowing the studio to completely empty out prior to the next class starting.
The Class and Private Training Experience during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Limited use of props. Props and equipment that cannot be easily sterilized will not be available for use small group class. Please plan accordingly to bring what you personally need for class.
- Personalized Stations. No equipment will be shared and the instructors will cue you so that safe social distance is maintained between students. Please bring your own mat.
- Towels are required for every class. Not only are they handy as a prop in yoga class, but using a towel will contribute to the overall cleanliness by absorbing excess sweat.
- Face coverings. Please use a face covering upon entry and exit or while moving around the studio, i.e. going to the bathroom or getting equipment. Remove your mask if you have trouble breathing, feel lightheaded, dizzy, etc. The use of face coverings is recommended by Maui County officials, please stay vigilant and connected to your own experience and safety while exercising. Refer to the CDC’s website for examples of proper face covering usage.
- Sanitization policy: Teachers will pass out to students the items (e.g. Clorox wipe) to do a preliminary clean of their station, then staff will execute a thorough sanitization after the class has left the building.
Reservation and Cancelation Policy
- Cancelations made 10 hours or less before class start time will be considered a late cancel.
- Classes that have less than 5 participants registered within a 12 hour period prior to start time are subject to cancelation. Please manage your reservations in advance as our class size is limited. Avoid late canceling as much as possible to make space for those on the waitlist.
- Virtual Classes and Kupuna Services. On Demand and Live classes are now available for your convenience. If you are not ready to join a in person class, or if the schedule simply doesn’t work for you, you can enjoy the remote option by signing up via our online scheduler the same way that you would an in person class.
- Live Recordings During Classes. Take note that some classes will use a recording device during the class for the use of virtual class options.
Keeping each other safe. Aside from respecting the safety guidelines put in place by our government, we ask that all students come to class with the intention to go above and beyond for each others safety.
- Practice social distancing. Please note the signage and markers placed around the studio to maintain a safe distance.
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come into the studio. See your physician and refrain from coming in until you’re symptom-free and fever-free for at least 3 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has we ask that you do not come in for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19. For the safety of our community, we reserve the right to deny service to any student suspected of not following the state and county quarantine rules.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in to the studio stay home and stay safe.
- If you have recently traveled or have been around someone who has, please refrain from coming in for 10 days and/or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19. For the safety of our community we reserve the right to deny service to any student suspected of not following the state and county quarantine rules, as well as the right to request a copy of a negative test results.
- We encourage everyone to limit person-to-person contact, including hugs and high fives. We’re excited to be able to offer classes in the studio, but right now staying socially distanced is the best way to care for our OMhana.
Moving forward, we will continue to monitor the situation. With no way to predict what the future holds, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops, making your health and safety our top priority. We are staying up to date and vigilant with CDC, federal and state guidelines to keep your experience as healthy as possible!
Whether you plan to join us in the studio or feel more comfortable staying at home, we’re here for you. As always, reach us at email@example.com if you have questions, concerns, or anything you’d like to discuss.